Does your clinical trial qualify for insurance coverage? Do you know what services are covered by insurance?
In this course, Douglas Reichgott, MS, Former Director of Financial/ Regulatory Operations and Research Administration, Tufts Medical Center, will walk you through the Medicare Coverage Analysis (MCA) Process so you can avoid non-compliance and ensure that you are properly billing insurance for your study. You will learn the standards that determine a qualifying study and what services are covered. You will also learn how to create a billing grid, the necessary parties to communicate with, and how to operationalize the steps for your qualifying clinical trial.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Implement the steps of the Medicare Coverage Analysis Process
- Determine whether your study qualifies based on the ten standards
- Use a billing grid to identify what can be billed to insurance and what must be paid by study funds
- Introduction to Clinical Trial Billing
- Requirements around Medicare and Clinical Trial Billing
- What is Covered for Qualifying Studies
- How Do We Determine a Routine Care
- Creating a Billing Grid
- What To Do After Completing a Medicare Coverage Analysis
- Post-Course Evaluation
- Course Completion Verification