How does stakeholder engagement work in basic science research?
When you spend most of your research in a lab, the idea of engaging stakeholders in research may not seem tangible or practical. In this course, Thomas Concannon, PhD, Co-Director of Tufts CTSI Stakeholder and Community Engagement, interviews Jonathan Garlick, DDS, PhD, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, whose journey of stakeholder engagement has transformed his stem cell research. Learn Dr. Garlick’s motivation for working with stakeholders and how his research team has made stakeholder engagement a priority.
- SCE From Theory to Practice Highlights
- Becoming a Scientist in Society
- Engagement of Diverse Stakeholder Groups
- Finding your Team:A Holistic Approach
- Making Meaning through Broadly-Engaged Team Science
- A Framework for Action
- Adapting to an Ever-Changing Environment
- What's Important & Conclusion
- Post-Course Evaluation
- Course Completion Verification