How do you strategically build a strong grant proposal team? How will you delegate tasks on large, complicated proposals?
As funding agencies increasingly require interdisciplinary research to answer important scientific questions, grant applications are becoming significantly more complex. Learn the basics of how to develop an effective team and concrete strategies for efficiently and effectively managing the application process.
Amy Gantt, MA, Director of Research Development, at Tufts University, will share a checklist that can be adapted for any funding opportunity to ensure all requirements are completed. She will also discuss how to develop timelines to make sure you stay on track with grant elements, including iterative drafts, subcontract budgets, and letters of support.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define the reasons for a team science approach
- Explain how to build a strong multidisciplinary team
- Discuss strategies to plan a team science project
- List ways to build an effective team
- State how to find appropriate funding
- Identify project management strategies for proposal development