Do you have trouble coming up with a short, clear description of your project or idea?
Do you have trouble adhering to word and page limits for abstracts and applications? Is it difficult to come up with a short, clear description of your project or idea? Learn how to get to the point in this course.
Amy Gantt, MA, Director of Research Development at Tufts University, will provide concrete strategies to improve your writing skills for grants, manuscripts, and presentations.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- List common sentence structures that lead to longer, less clear prose
- Discuss the benefits of concise writing
- Identify when your writing should be edited
- Describe how to apply the strategies discussed to make your writing clearer and more concise
- Explain how to clearly present your ideas and concepts in grants.