How do you know which study design to choose for your project?
In this course, Daniel E. Weiner, MD, MS, Tufts University School of Medicine, will help you identify the types of studies most frequently used in clinical and translational research.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify if a research study is observational or experimental
- Describe when to use an observational study design versus an experimental study design
- Discuss the differences between a prospective and retrospective study
- Explain how you have a comparison group without an intervention
- Describe the differences between non-blinded, single blinded, and double blinded studies
Log in first to access the content links below.
- Experimental & Observational Study Design
- Different Options for Studies
- Cohort Studies
- Retrospective vs Prospective Cohorts
- Choosing the Control
- Randomized Controlled Trials
- Intervention Studies
- Study Design Example 1
- Study Design Example 2
- Study Design Example 3
- Your Research Question & Conclusion
- Post-Course Evaluation
- Course Completion Verification