How do you develop and implement a research protocol while maintaining the safety and confidentiality of your subjects?
Tammy Scott, PhD, Scientist, USDA Jean Mayer Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging; Assistant Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy; and Assistant Professor, Psychiatry, Tufts University School of Medicine will outline the steps for formulating a study question and designing an ethical study.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define a research protocol.
- Explain the difference between a protocol and a proposal.
- List the steps in planning a study.
- Identify potential issues in implementing a protocol.
- Describe the aspects of subject safety in a study.
- Explain the importance of subject confidentiality.