How many subjects do I need for my research study? How will you calculate your sample size?
In this seminar, you will learn how to perform a sample size calculation. This seminar will explain the parameters required for sample size analyses and review methods and tools for sample size calculations.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the role of chance in sampling a population
- Describe what parameters affect sample size
- List online resources for sample size calculators
- Perform a basic sample size calculation using an online tool.
- Calculating Sample Size and Power
- Sampling a Population
- Review of Hypothesis Testing
- Sampling and the Role of Chance
- Statistical Tests
- Continuous Outcomes and Categorical Outcomes
- Anticipated Treatment Effect or Effect Size
- Sensitivity Analyses
- Justification for Grants, Protocols, Proposals
- More Issues in Sample Size Calculation
- To Prepare for a Sample Size Calculation
- Effect Size & Variability
- Post-Course Evaluation
- Course Completion Verification